Pages

19.7.11

ONE-HUNDRED-AND-TWENTY-SEVEN YEAR OLD PAPER. AND I DREW ON IT.

I found some more mottled endpapers from old books, and since the mountain thing is still going strong this is happening:

pen + ink
13.5x19.5cm

13x18.5cm

The second image is on paper from a book dating back to 1884. There was a pang of guilt, but the endpapers were coming loose anyway and the rest of the book is intact. It’s a wee astronomy book titled Sun Moon and Stars: A Book for Beginners by A. Giberne, with chapter titles like 'Visitors' and 'Little Servants'.

In other news: The book illustrations I’ve been working on are nearly all done (just the cover and a couple of miscellaneous extras to go, I think - more on that later though), which means I now have to stop pretending I have an actual job and up the job hunting mission. They’re still mythical creatures, those job things...

No comments:

Post a Comment